Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Songs to Slit Your Wrists To

Part masochism, part unfortunate shuffling on my iPod. See, I hit shuffle and forgot to turn off all Passenger, Ingrid Michelson and anything else from my Summer of Lurvs 09 playlist. And what came on? Why the #1 song from that summer





This song single handedly could bring me to tears for months after The Summer of Lurvs died. To quote John Denver, the end of TSoL was "the day the muuuuuusic died" So I am going to give you a list of songs that can, and will, take Bitey to a dark place. The aforementioned song gets top spot, so we'll go from there.......

Alright next is .........
Gabriel and the Vagabond- Foy Vance


Um Even MY black heart never stood a chance with this. OK so first off this was Boy Who Shall Not Be Named's favorite song. So it's a nice lil sore spot still just for that. Dude we weren't even together for THAT long (other than the years of friendship....) BUT anyway. Secondly listen to the lyrics. It's about a homeless dude who gave up on god, found god and is now going to help change this other girl's world. No joke, I cannot and never have been able to, listen to this song without tearing up when he says "She never was a fighter/til he laid down beside her/and gently whispered Hope" If you don't melt at that, you have less of a soul than me.

Number 3- Chipette's- My Mother

Whoa, bet you weren't expecting that one. Since i was a baby-kid this song illicites nothing but big cartoonish tears and wailing from me. TSoL made me think I was invulnerable to this shit. I was wrong. I bawled. Then after the breakup, I bawled more. God damn. I am lame
On to selection

#4- Dashboard Confessional- Hands Down


It's actually a scientific fact you cannot have a "Songs to Slit Your Wrists To: AKA Depression-fest" playlist without at least 1 Dashboard song of Emo-ness
On a scale of 1- hella lame where do i fall in regard to this song?
It was Boy's ring tone

Judge away, I don't even care anymore


#5 Ingrid Michaelson- Corner of Your Heart


Vom worthy, I know. But hey, it was a different time, a different Bitey. I mean, I can't always be the amazing bad ass you know and love........... Ok so i can't always be the awkward lunatic you all know and love, happy? Everyone once in a blue moon I'm allowed to have you know... the F word (Feelings! Get your mind out of the gutter Sheesh who you think i am??)
#6 More Than Anyone- Gavin Degraw

Gettin' serious now with the lurvy durvy-ness. Legit, Chompers and I had an ENTIRE like multi hour playlist on my iPod we would listen to and have girl/gay gushfests over these dudes. Chompers and I always has this strange knack for meeting, falling for and being crushed by about the same dude at about the same time. Usually off by about 2 weeks. So at least we know what's going to happen for the other. This particular summer was no different. We were living together at the time so we had the
time to sit and gush and be all cutesy lurvy dourvy. We then also had the time to cry, eat rainbow cake, drink and bemoan our heartbreaks togehter as well.

We're going to round out the play list with two songs I would like to dedicate to that summer, Chompers and I's ultimate heartbreaks and those jerks who did us wrong! Both by the greatest band known to man: Alkaline Trio
Radio "I wish you, would take my radio to bath with you, plugged in and ready to fall"



and

This is Getting Over You- Alkaline Trio


Oh Alkaline. You may not write very good love songs, but fuck off songs, you are masters.


So yeah. Go F yourselves dudes. haha Chomp and I are totals over it. yeah.... totals.
Thanks for going down memory lane with me. Here's to a summer of nothing even close to last.
-Salt Water Tears just make my tank deeper
Bitey

No comments:

Post a Comment